These Low Carb Vanilla Muffins are the perfect snack for a healthy lifestyle. They are made with almond flour, eggs, coconut oil, and sweetened with erythritol. They are light and fluffy, and a perfect treat for those looking to cut back on carbs. Enjoy them as an afternoon snack or as a breakfast treat with your favorite coffee.
This is a base recipe for low carb muffins. These muffins by themselves already taste delicious, but you can use these as your starting point to make:
- Chocolate muffins: add some cocoa powder and chocolate chips
- Lemon muffins: add some lemon juice and lemon zest
- Blueberry muffins: add blueberries to the batter before baking the muffins
- Nuts: add chopped walnuts or pecan nuts
Why you’ll love this low carb muffins recipe
- Easy to make
- Moist and tender texture
- Ready in 30 minutes
Ingredients that you’ll need
You can find the exact quantities in the recipe card at the end of this post.
- Almond flour: try to buy almond flour with a fine texture; this will result in a better structure for the muffins
- Erythritol sugar replacer: get an erythritol-based sugar replacer that has a 1-to-1 conversion rate with sugar. This means that 100g of erythritol sugar replaces 100g of sugar. The one I use has a bit of stevia added to reach this ratio.
- Baking powder: this is needed to make your batter rise while baking
- Sea salt: to balance out the taste
- Coconut oil: this makes the recipe lactose-free and paleo.
- Unsweetened almond milk: helps to make the batter have the right level of water
- Eggs: try to use large eggs
- Vanilla extract: to add vanilla taste
This low carb muffins recipe contains multiple ingredients that could be substituted:
- Sweetener: you can also use normal sugar or coconut sugar
- Coconut oil: you can also use normal butter
- Unsweetened almond milk: any other milk
- Vanilla extract: you could also use almond extract if you want to give more almond taste to these muffins