This Air Fryer Roasted Garlic is a delicious and healthy way to enjoy the flavor of roasted garlic. It’s a simple recipe that comes together in minutes, and the result is a deliciously fragrant garlic that has a sweet and nutty flavor. Perfect for topping salads, pastas, or adding to your favorite recipes, this air fryer roasted garlic is sure to become a favorite!
Why you will love this recipe
- Amazing taste giver for many other recipes
- Roasted garlic has a sweeter taste than unroasted garlic
- If you are sensitive to raw garlic, you may find that you can tolerate roasted garlic
What to use roasted garlic for?
- You can use this garlic as a spread on toasted bread or crackers
- Use them for example on smashed baby potatoes
- Use them to create garlic butter
- Use them instead of raw garlic in this pesto recipe
You will need the following ingredients to make this air fryer roasted garlic:
- An entire head of garlic
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
How to make air fryer roasted garlic: step by step
Cut the top off the head of the garlic and place it on a piece of aluminum foil. Close the foil up and around the garlic (so that your aluminum foil creates a cup around the garlic) and pour olive oil on top—season with salt and pepper. Close the ends of the foil over the garlic, creating a closed pouch.
Roast in the air fryer for 30 minutes at 400 °F (200°C).
Be careful when you open the pouch as hot steam might escape!
You can now easily spoon or squeeze out the garlic paste.
Storage and Freezing
- Storage: Place the roasted garlic paste in an airtight container and cover with olive oil. The garlic must be completely submerged in olive oil. Prepared garlic has a risk for botulism so don’t store it outside of the fridge! Use properly stored garlic within 2 weeks
- Freezing: store up to 3 months in the freezer